Buying on Bbop
The new and improved Bbop marketplace is designed to offer something for everyone and make buying an item as simple as possible.
The best way to start is by creating an account - It’s fast and easy, and you can define preferences like your location, language and currency.
Well the simplest way is - you guessed it - use the search bar to find what you're looking for. Afterwards you can use the categories and filters to refine the search.
- You can also navigate through the marketplace by selecting Categories in the box on the right of the homepage.
- The features box lets you filter by price, year, format (auction or sale), condition, and other more specific features by type.
- There are two ways to search by location. Use the "distance from me" slider to search for listings only within a certain distance from you. Or use the Location setting to choose which countries you would like to shop in (for example, only your own).
- "Ships to me" shows all items that have said they will ship to your country.
- "All EU Countries" shows only items located in Europe.
- You can sort the results by date, price, or relevance.
The Listing Details
There are several ways to buy on Bbop, but the most straightforward is of course to hit that blue Buy it Now button!
- If seller is open to lower price offers, you will see the Make Offer button, where you can send them your best price offer and a message.
- For auctions, the seller can choose to have a Buy it Now price. You can buy the item immediately for this price, but the option will disappear once the first bid is made.
- if the description is not in your language, click See translation to see an automatic translation of the text.
- The comments section at the bottom of each listing is a good place to ask a question where others might want to know the answer too – the responses are public. To send the seller a private message, just click “Send Message”.
- Check out the suggested similar items on the bottom of the page of each listing to see more buying choices.
- Make sure to read the full description and the shipping and return policies clearly, to avoid any misunderstandings.
Watching and Saved Searches
You can save your individual search and filter by clicking Save this Search.
- You can give each search a name you can remember, and choose whether you want to receive email alerts when new items match this search.
- Access them quickly on the Saved Searches page.
- Hit the Watch button on any item to add the item to your watch list so you can easily find it again. Or click the eye on the quick view.
'My Bbop' is your account on the site. Here you can find all the tools to manage your purchases in the market section.
- Waiting for payment shows you items where the payment is not yet finished. Afterwards you find all items in the purchased page.
- If you need to change your shipping address, go to edit profile in order to change personal details.
- Remember to leave a rating for the seller after the transaction, it's how we build trust in our community.
- Watch for the red notifications bell, which will tell you when there is any new activity in your account - sales, purchases, messages, etc. You can also see these on the 'Activity' page.
- Fill in as much of your profile and account information as possible - this assures the seller that you are a real person!