Molten Midi 5 - Whammy 5 MIDI Controller
Programmable MIDI controller for the Digitech Whammy 5. This is a very versatile piece of gear which allows you to open a whole bunch of new sounds. Create synchronized melodies from your Whammy pedal, or switch between only your favorite programs. That's how I used it - I only use 4 or 5 settings on the whammy and scrolling through all of them is impossible. So i used this switch to move between only the programs I want. However the loop settings are also very cool. You program it from your computer or from the switch itself.
Here are the different modes:
- Loop Portamento programs cycle through sequences of virtual expression pedal positions. "Portamento" means you hear the Whammy "slide" from one step to the next, rather than "jump", as if the expression pedal is moving.
- Loop, No Portamento programs are just like the Portamento version, except Whammy doesn't "slide" from one position to another, it "jumps".
- Step Portamento programs step through sequences of virtual expression pedal positions each time the Step button is pressed. As the Whammy changes to a new "virtual" position, you hear it "slide" up or down to the new position.
- Step, No Portamento programs are just like the Portamento version, except Whammy doesn't "slide" from one position to another each time Step is pressed, it "jumps".
- Different Settings programs step through selected Whammy settings each time the Step button is pressed. The virtual position of the expression pedal is not affected.
Learn more here: