Hopf Jupiter 63 - vintage guitar
- Category: Guitars / Electric Guitars
Whoa! Here's a wacky one for you. A molded plastic cousin of the famous Saturn 63 by Hopf. I have only seen a few of these around; it must have been some sort of experiment. The body is made of plastic, the inside is hollow. The neck is nice and straight and has a solid round shape. There's a buzz here and there but in general the guitar plays fine. Nice jinggly surf sound from the pickups.
I have never really discovered what the actual original state of this guitar should be, but here is my guess as to what's different:
- I am not sure how it was wired originally, but i have re-wired for a traditional 1 volume and 1 tone
- I added a 3 way pickup selector switch
- The output jack is converted to the usual jack cable (required a missing special cable before)
- The tremolo arm is missing
- The bridge is not original - I received it this way. It works well.
- Some pckguard screws missing
It's not in perfect condition, see the photos. It's more of a curiosity than your #1 gigging guitar, but as a strange piece of history it's hard to beat.
Ask any questions you want in the comments below.