1962 Gretsch Chet Atkins 6120 DC
- Category: Guitars / Electric Guitars
Here is my beautiful 1962 Gretsch Chet Atkins 6120, double-cut model. This was the first year of the double cut model, which is hollow but has painted F-holes, much better for taming feedback if you are using any distortion. The filtertron pickups sound great. The action is very low and fast – the frets are low but OK for now.
Overall the condition of the guitar is good but I am listing all issues here in order to be thorough.
- There is rot in the binding, which is unfortunately a very common and uncontrollable problem on a vintage Gretsch. The binding also fell off on a small section of the neck near the 12th fret. You can see it in the pictures.
- The bridge is not original, it has been changed to a tune-o-matic which is glued to maintain its position.
- There is discoloration on the metal parts from age which makes in my opinion makes it look even cooler. Does not effect function.
- The original mute is in place but the switch does not work. It is easily fixable but i have never done it because I don’t use the mute.
Original Hard shell case is in OK condition. Comes with original papers and an old strap which was with it when I bought it.
I have tried to describe everything but please ask questions. This is a super cool vintage guitar which rocks and is not much more expensive than a new one – which is an Asian-made Fender!
Local pickup in Prague is free.
The video below is not the guitar but gives an idea how it looks and sounds.